(Parenting, Learning, And Youth)
The nature of PLAY group events varies but they all place an emphasis on interaction among the children in educational and social activities.
Children develop self-esteem in their multiracial background through play and interaction with their multiracial peers. They learn they have a place in a larger community of multiracial people by observing a diversity of multiracial families.
Parents also benefit by gaining support through social interaction. Shared experiences provide insight into their child’s development and validation/suggestions for their parenting skills.
- Annual beach picnic
- Picnics in the park
- Seasonal events
- Museum visits
- Families with children aged infant to 10 years old
Past events and activities included:
- Underwood Family Farms
- Santa Monica beach
- Mixed Roots Film and Literary Festival
- “Noah’s Ark” at Skirball Center
- “RACE: Are We So Different?” exhibit at California Science Center
- Opening of “Mixed: Portraits of Multiracial Kids” at the Japanese American National Museum
- Letter writing to President Barack Obama, our first multiracial president. And he wrote back!
For info on upcoming PLAY Group events, visit the Events page!
Or visit our Meetup.com site.